Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gudday all
I was at a friends last night helping(?) them with a printer problem. They have 2 printers, a Canon InkjetS520 and an Epson TX800FW.
The 2 printers are attached via USB to a PC that also has the DSL sevice.
The laptop at the back of the house uses the Netcomm NP285 Powerline Adaptor to access the DSL service which appears to be fine as Internet, Skpye all work ok.
Both computers are in the default workgroup and have sharing turned on.
I originally thought that the laptop could access the Epson but that is not the case. (If the wife wants to print something she must e-mail the file to her husband at the PC or put it on a stick and go to the PC herself).

The laptop tries hard to print on either printer as it goes off and does its thing but eventually returns printer error. The PC has no problems printing via either printer.
The laptop can appear to see the Cannon as it shows the path \\PC\CanonS520 but it cannot print.

I can see 2 possible error areas here
1. The Vista's are not set up correctly i.e. the laptop is not talking to the PC as it should. Is there a good site to show how to set up esp. regarding ports, sharing etc?
2. It is the NP285 that is causing the issue. Does anyone know whether the item allows printing over the powerline? The documentation is not very clear on that at all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnaks again jcgriff2

(You must have drwan the short straw to help me this time :wave:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.