Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running w2k server with a mirror raid set. While practicing with password files (wooops) I wiped out the Windows folder. I was ablet to boot ok but lost A.D and lots of other stuff. I broke the mirror set and reinstalled on 1 drive (server). I have set the second drive to slave and can see it as unformatted in windows disc manager. I had to write a signature to it so i could assign a drive letter to it. I am unable to access it through dos. How can i get the info from this without formatting it? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
access hd that shows as unformatted

I am recovering from a lost winnt folder. I had raid mirror set. I had to break the mirror and reinstall on one of the disks. the other disc is set as slave. I am able to see the disc in windows manager but it shows as unformatted. I know there is data on this drive because i was able to access it before i broke the mrror set. Any ideas how to get it without formatting. I tried dos, and failed. Thanks in advance. Also if this thread comes up 2 times its because i submitted it and could not find it anywhere, so i resubmitted it. Not because im pushy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Umm jst off the top of my head, if you're drive is formatted as NTFS you won't be able to access it from DOS anway, and if you're drives were mirrored the the data on both the raid sets shd be the same anyway... Your problem was kinda unclear.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.