Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, if anyone could help me with this, it would be great!

All of a sudden when I try to open my C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder, it says "access denied"

running xp home sp2.

any suggestions?

oh, I did a google for solutions and various pages often suggested I turn off simple file sharing, but the option is non existant under my file/view menu...

·
Registered
86 Posts
It sounds to me as though the administrator has made that directory path private. Are you the admin, and if so, are you logged into a user account with admin rights? If all else fails, reboot and log into the Administrator account and go to the control panel/users and change your preferred account status. While you're there, unlock the problem path to allow all users to view.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Make sure to pay attention to the NOTE:(Note You must be logged on to the computer with an account that has administrative credentials. If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.)

Just press F8 when you are booting up and it is at the Bios splash screen
to enter into Safemode.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot for the help man, worked great! hope this thread will help other people in the furure too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So.... whta do I do if some of teh folders when in admin in safe mode don't let you open them or edit from the security tab ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.