Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
firstly i'm a complete newbie and i'm operating a dell laptop with windows XP home edition.

I stored some music file in the shared music folder on my laptop and now when i try to access it is says:

C:\.........\Shared Music is unaccessable
Access Denied

Ive tried looking for related post and found several saying it might be something to do with sharing settings, however when i look at the folder properties it has a size of 0kbs and there is no security tab and i can't find "Simple file sharing" in mycomputer tools folder options........
also there is only one user on my laptop so there is no other users to share file with.

please help

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm running XP Home Edition

firstly what is Safe mode, and i can't find the security tab in the file's properties. If the folder size registers as 0kbs are the file that were in it lost?

thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts
Safe mode;
1. Restart the computer.
Some computers have a progress bar that refers to the word BIOS. Others may not let you know what is happening.
2. As soon as the BIOS loads, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.
If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. If this happens, restart the computer and try again.
3. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select Safe mode and then press Enter.
Then try the M$ thing again, maybe it'll work now. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.