Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I just got myself a new computer a while ago, nothing fancy, just something that I could afford at the time. I've been trying to upgrade it over the past few weeks so that I can run some of my more intense games on it, it doesn't seem to be able to run anything from Steam [Such as Half Life 2, Portal, etc] and sometimes has slowdown problems with Hellgate London, in addition to simply being unable to run The Witcher.

Anyway, the point is, I'm going to be buying a video card to upgrade my computer with so that I can start playing all my games -- recently got 4GB of RAM hoping that would help a little, that was dumb -- without the hassle of my onboard display adapter holding me back. Right now I'm looking at a SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 video card, PCI Express 2.0 x16 interface. Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether or not it will even fit in my computer, which is rather small. From glancing inside, I'm worried that there's sparse opportunity to upgrade, especially where video cards are concerned. I took a few pictures of the inside for reference.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to use this video card with my current setup, and if I can't, if there are any adapters of some sort that will allow me to?

BTW, some system info:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard Company
Model: SR5633WM
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
Memory (RAM): 4GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Display adapter: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The card should fit physically but you would most likely need a new PSU as suggested by emosun. Once you post the requested specs, someone can guide you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The video card I'm planning on buying is $99.99, but like you said, my power supply won't support it, so I'm going to have to replace it, too, since its' only 250W, I'll be buying a Dynapower 500W power supply so that I'll be able to use the card.

Here is a link for the power supply, and here is a link for the video card.

Thanks for the help so far. With this power supply upgrade, I should be able to use the video card, right? Enough of its potential to bring my framerate up from unbearable, at least?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.