Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a P4 1.5 Ghz and a Abit-Th7 Raid for a good price, making a nice little system for my kid. I got 2x 256 SyncRAM chips, and I got the C-rimms in there. When I plug the PSU in I get a little green led that shows up on the mobo, which I guess is normal. Then when I turn it on, two more led's light up on the mobo, one orange, and one red. (all in close proximity to each other) The POST led display never changes from 00. I can hear all the normal noises from the hard drives and cd-roms as if the computer were starting up normally. The thing is, the monitor never turns on. I've tried multiple video cards in it, from a Radeon 9500 Pro AGP, to a nVidia TNT2 M64 Pro PCI card. This is really getting me angry, as I've waited 2 weeks for the last component I needed (cpu fan, which I had to order online, as there weren't ANY computer stores in the state that had them in stock) I've made sure everything is plugged in correctly, CPU fan is in FAN2, Case fan in FAN1. The only thing, and I'm pretty sure this doesn't make a difference as I hooked up another PSU which had this.... but the old style AT power plug (which I think is for WOL, right?) is non existant on my PSU. Thank you for reading this huge thing, and please help, I've been trying to get this computer going for a month, and I've dropped a few bens on it so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of power supply did you use? Try a qualified psu with more power, like 350 0r 450w. also, if you don't hear a single loud beep when you boot up, chances are either your cpu or your mobo is bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.