Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an abit ib9 with a intel pentium 4 processor, I'm trying to install them but for some reason the screen just won't boot up. Here are the specs,

Mobo : Abit ib9
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 2.4 ghz Hyper threading technology
Ram : 1 gb DDR2
HD : 120 GB Seagate
Graphics : Nvidia 8600 GT
Power Supply : 500 Watts Cooler Master

These are all brand new parts i just bought, When i installed everything, it seemed like it worked fine it booted up once, i got to the post screen and it just freezes from there. I tried adding the components one by one, but it doesn't even boot up when i have only the graphics card, processor, and power supply hooked up. There is a red light that turns on and i believe that red LED light just shows that there is power to the motherboard itself, i've tried changing the graphics card but that didn't help. I'm running out of ideas and this is driving me crazy!

Thank you in advance for any tips recommended to solve this problem!!!

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
set it up out of the case on a piece of cardboard with
cpu
video
ram
speaker
and see if you get post
check you have the correct amount of standoffs no more no less
that they line up with the holes in the m/board
usually 9

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did what you said and the problem persists, i've tried running it without ram, i cleared the bios everytime i removed something, i've even replaced the clock battery because i know theres been cases of that being the problem but it's still the same, i think there might be something wrong with the motherboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.