Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an old PC with the following configuration:MB Abit AN7,CPU AMD Barton 3000+, 2GB Ram Corsair, nVidia 7600GT, HDD WD 200GB.Recently I've noticed that every time when I shutdown the PC and also turn off all the power sources, when I start it again the Bios setting are resetting to their default values (including the date and hour).
Initially I thought that the problem is caused by the bios battery and I've changed it with a new one, but the problem is still happening.The motherboard has about 3 or 4 years since I've bought it.I thought about Clearing/Erasing the RTC RAM but didn't find how to do it even though I've looked in the MB manual.

If you have any idea of what is causing the problem and how to fix it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have an old PC with the following configuration:MB Abit AN7,CPU AMD Barton 3000+, 2GB Ram Corsair, nVidia 7600GT, HDD WD 200GB.Recently I've noticed that every time when I shutdown the PC and also turn off all the power sources, when I start it again the Bios setting are resetting to their default values (including the date and hour).
Initially I thought that the problem is caused by the bios battery and I've changed it with a new one, but the problem is still happening.The motherboard has about 3 or 4 years since I've bought it.I thought about Clearing/Erasing the RTC RAM but didn't find how to do it even though I've looked in the MB manual.

If you have any idea of what is causing the problem and how to fix it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I am having the same problem. I know that it is an old motherboard :1angel:but since i love the soundstorm . the sound MCP-T

Did you solve it ? or could any one please let me now if they have had same problem !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.