Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a new ASUS A7V266-E motherboard and an AMD 1.3 Athlon CPU. I installed them in my case with 300 Watt power supply, 512 DDR Ram, Hard Drive, and Disk Drive. When I power up the system, the motherboard green light comes on, all the fans start spinning, the harddrive runs up, but I get no lights on the front of the computer, no lights on the keyboard, but (Most Disturbing of All) NO VIDEO, and no Beeps. The video card is fine, I tested it on another system.
I checked the speaker connection and it is good. I reseated everything. I'm at a complete loss. I put the motherboard on Jumpered and set the CPU MHz, and multiplier manually with no effect. I have no idea what else to do. Any suggestions?

Helian

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Welcome to the TSF! :wave:

Try this. Disconnect everything but the cpu/heatsink fan and the speaker ( and the power switch connector and PS connector to motherboard). Even remove the memory and all add-in cards) Power the system and listen for beeps. If you get beeps start adding components back one at a time until you find the one causing the problem. If you hear no beeps, the problem is either the cpu or motherboard. If this is the case, re-seat the cpu and check the installation of the motherboard for possible grounding issues.

Also, clear the CMOS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.