Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a problem with my ASUS A7N8X-X.

Yesterday , when i rebooted my computer (following all normal windows stuff) my computer when it was booting up the monitor got no signal input, and my motherboard made a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep beep sound, (1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps) the heat sink for cpu was spinning ok but the computer didn't boot.
It continued to do this when i tried to boot up again.

So i then checked the ASUS website which adviced me to systemattically remove all IDE and PCI slot devices, leaving only the graphics card and the cpu and RAM so i did, but it didn't help.

I then tried removing my graphics card, but it did the same thing , just went beeeeeeeep beep beep.
I then tried removing the RAM and it then just did long beeps instead, so i put the ram back in.

I've dusted everything down quite abit, but it still doesn't work. :4-dontkno

My Computer specs are:

Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X-X
CPU: XP 2300 Sempron
Graphics Card: Radeon Saphire 9600XT
Hard Disks: 1*30GB (not sure of make) 1*15GB (not sure of make -Quantom fireball)
RAM: two sticks of Crucial 256mb DDR
Power supply unit: 230V not sure about Watts.

I have the latest BIOS that runs on the motherboard, and it has been running fine, and has been running games with the new cpu for a good week now.
I haven't installed any new parts for about aw eek.)

Any help or advice you can give me would be sooo welcome.

Ok , thank you for taking the time for reading this.

Thank you in advance. :grin:

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Sure sounds like a video card issue to me. I am assuming from what you said that it worked, then suddenly stopped working.

I would take it out, clean the prongs with 98% alcohol (you can't buy 100%, so use something very close to that, but don't use that 70% junk), reseat it and see if that helps. Also, some of those ATI cards (I have the 9600 pro) are rather hard to seat clear down, so be sure you check that one also. It should kind of snap in there.

If all else fails, beg, borrow, buy, or steal (only kidding), another card and give it a try to see if that fixes your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.