Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a7n8x 2.0 - bios/cmos issue? Desperate now!

Hey all, thanks in advance for your help!

I've got an a7n8x-deluxe 2.0 with an athlon xp 2000+

I was fiddling around with overclocking settings and memory setting and i've encountered a strange problem. When the CPU overclocking settings didn't work, I could reboot and the bios would load default "safe" CPU serttings. However, when I fiddled with memory settings, the bios would not reset after rebooting with failed settings. I manually reset the CMOS, and the computer boots to bios defaults with no problem. BUT, if I change ANYTHING in the bios settings (even if it is just the system time!) when i "save and exit" the computer will not reboot!!!! ***? When this happens, the only way I can get things back is to manually reset the CMOS! The only thing I can think of that might have gone wrong is that I "fried" something when altering vcore settings? But I don't see how that could make this problem....

Need help, cuz i dont want to run my computer with default bios settings *shudder*

-joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doing that now. Read somepalce that the batteries shipped on the a7n8x's were shoddy and causes problems. Hope this works!

-joe

G

·
Did you unplug the computer before you cleared the CMOS?

And have you checked to see if there is a bios upgrade for your Mobo?

Just a thought!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.