Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through several pages of threads here and have yet to see my exact problem. Built my friend a system early this year consisting of an A7N8X deluxe with 2 WD 37 gig Raptors in a raid 0 configuration. After about 3 months he got the system 32 file missing message and we were able to work around it for a couple days. Eventually I thought he may have actually deleted an application and reinstalled XP. Has worked fine for about 3 months and am getting the same problem again. Ran WD's diagnostics and seems 1 drive may be bad. Does it seem logical that a drive could work for 3 months and still be bad? I may not use the raid array after this. Thanks for helping.

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
6,962 Posts
Yes it can. I've bought new drives that were bad and failed within a week. Is he getting any data corruption on RAID? If so...try updateing the SATA's onboard chipset drivers. Some of the first nforce boards had issues with data corruption when using RAID.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about data corruption, but I installed recent sata drivers. Gonna RMA that drive and start from there. Thanks for suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.