Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Great site you got here. I'm hoping someone can help me. I use both AVG and eTrust ez Anti virus. Recently, they've both been popping up alerting me of the following problem.

"While opening fie: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{D9470E40-1FF2-4EBD-9661-0055EA34381C}\RP167\A0036959.exe"

AVG can't move this file to the vault, and i've also tried to find it manually and delete it, but there doesn't seem to be a C:\System Volume Information...

If I tell the AVG\ eTrust to scan my computer, it won't find the file. I've recently run Spybot, and it fixed a lot of problems for me, but not this one.

Any help appreciated,
Vincent.

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF.

If the file is held in that location, then it's actually in your System Restore points and harmless, unless you use a System Restore of course.

We can flush out those points, and thus remove the offending file like this:

To turn off System Restore click Start > Right Click My Computer > Properties. Click the System Restore tab and Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives" Click Apply. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this then Click OK.

To turn on System Restore by Clicking Start. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. Click the System Restore tab. Uncheck "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives." Click Apply, and then OK.

This will create a new Restore Point.

Are there any other issues with your system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again,
I've followed the steps you gave, I shall keep you posted on any developments. As for anything else wrong with my system, I think I'm good for now (although I'm sure something will occur to me once I've sent this...).

Thanks again, you've been an absolute gent,
Vincent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.