PCPatrick said:Everytime my PC is restarted, a McAfee window pops up saying "The file C:\WINDOWS\System32\BECDFAFE.exe was infected by the Exploit-DcomRpc.gen trojan and has been deleted to complete the Clean process." If the trojan is removed then how can it reappear the next time my computer is restarted? Any ideas? Thanks.
There is a few ways of dealing with virus or spyware. actually the trojan keeps coming back everytime u restart is 2 possibility, 1 = the main file of the trojan is not the file that u have deleted by antivirus,as it auto generate everytime u restart. 2 = one of the trojan file or spyware is actually located in your startup, that is, in your "msconfig". (Start-->Run-->Msconfig-->StartupTab)
1st thing .. for safe precaution move... try unplug any connection to network or internet access.
2nd thing .. try scan again using your antivirus software and antispyware(make sure u have the latest patterns for both antivirus+antispyware)
3rd thing .. after scanning...i am sure u would find few either spyware or virus(so call).. fix it .. and the quarantine part, clear it all..
4th thing.. if the antivirus or spyware said fail to delete.. the next part u need to do is (abit troublesome but worth doing it.) as below...
1. Write down the name of the file,directory
2. Boot your windows to safe mode.
3. From safe mode.. go to cmd prompt <--(Start-->RUN-->cmd-->OK)
4. Try find the directory of the virus/spyware, delete it in the dos prompt, as most of the virus/spyware cant activate in the safemode.
5. After deleting all, don't reboot 1st, final step to double confirm..
6. Goto Start-->Run-->Msconfig-->Startup Tab
7. Now look for the similar filename at the startup or look for those are unnessary for window to load at startup. untick those unnessary.
Good Luck to u.