Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i'm new to this forum.

I thought it was my best chance of solving the worst prob.

Computer
asus m2n32-sli deluxe MB
kingston twinx ddr2 5300 2x 1gig chips ram
asus nvidia geforce 7950 gx2 1gig graphics
1x sata 160gig seagate
1x ide seagate 40 gig
ernermax psu
AMD am2 x2 4600+
XP PRO

Now, my computer prob.

I've been nutting over this for a week now.
Recently i got 1 new ram chip and the sata hdd, all installed, all ran fine.
my cpu was overclocked a tiny bit via AI asus boost software, from 2400 to 2550, all ran cool 33c, ran games like call of duty 4 quick with no crashing.

Then out of nowhere in windows during web surfing it started to lock up the mouse. and on closing down of menus, then a stop 0x0000008e blue screen comes up. not weird because i thought a ram prob being new and all, BUT! after a couple of restarts it would last only 2 mins max in windows, like once i moved the mouse fast or loaded ie it would freeze and reboot straight away, i de clocked and restored windows in safe mode back to a date just after my fresh install of windows before overclocking, still didnt help, OK! i needed a format anyways so what i did was format and tried to install xp <-- still with posible faulty ram in.
During install it said couldn't find desination drive halfway though the install, it rebooted and checked for errors on hdd and tried again, then a task scheduler sevice error mstask.dll poped up rebooted again, so i bit the bullet and took out the suspect ram.
Windows xp installed this time on my ide drive smooth as silk. i installed it on the other drive so as too eliminate both possible causes,
Ahuh RAM!! ,,, NOPE
Once in windows it ran smooth as silk till i had just installed all drivers, on rebooting now i get a insert system disk and try again during bootup, i just put the xp disk in and rebooted and it gets past the system disk fault only with the disk in the drive, i just dont load setup, just seems to work. once in windows my graphics now keep on blanking out then comes back like its adjusting settings every 20 seconds, and again pages freeze lockups it's a weird one i know.

The only thing i could think of is a faulty Mother board because theres so many faults, hdd, mem stop fault, graphics canceling in and out, not detecting disk drives. Could my overclocked cpu be acting up? does that really control all these possible errors?
This motherboard has so many anti fry protections i wouldn't think MB.

Anyway you can have a laugh now.. i'm just a bit tired :)

If you have any ideas please let me know it would be a great help.

BTW My hair didnt fall out naturaly.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It sounds like your system is trying to boot from the wrong disk. look in the bios and check the boot order and devices.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I would send the motherboard back to asus as defective

your board is a very good performer; but has a long history of being a flaky problematic one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have since re-flashed bois, and got windows running awesome with only my old 1gig ram stick, and tried all the diff configs, every time i put the new chip in as soon as windows boots and i load anything it restarts the system by its self, in any order, older chip 1st newer 2nd vica versa, i even tryed running the new chip in the second set of 2 bays with my old one in the first set bays, if anything i thought it would cancel out dual channel but nope same thing restarts, OHH ALL SO.
If i put the new chip in the single first bay by it's self it doesn't even get past bois check, i get warning BEEPS AND THE BEEPS, so i thing the chip it's self must be BEEPED!
Any other ideas?? i wonder how much flex is in a ram chip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.