Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new and wanted to seek for some assistance. If I post in the wrong section, please notify with me as I'm have serious troubles right now with my computer.

The scenario: A couple of days ago, I turned on my computer, it started to load the Windows XP Professional Windows. Whilst it was loading half way, it stopped and resetted. But before resetting it gave me the so called, 'Blue Screen of Death' saying a recent hardware installation has disabled me from accessing Windows. I did some heavy research and many stated the tedious and cliche comment of reformatting my computer. This statement holds validity BUT, I do not want to reformat exactly yet, because I did not back up my stuff unfortunately, as that day, I wanted to backup because I had time on my hands.

I extended my researched and discovered something called, Parallel Reinstall which is activated without accessing windows. It is activated through pressing F8/F12 [F8 for me] and accessing ur CD/DVD Drive, and it will start the proccess. The most common tutorial for this so called, "Parallel Install/Reinstall" is from Google and probably the only one used. This Link is the tutorial about how to access this install to I guess reformat your computer.

Now this to me is the controversial section. Some say, you can recover either your C; Drive [main drive] or any other seperate drive and will be pasted into your spare drive and saved there. For example, D; Drive was my one. It will be copied there, every single file will be copied into my D; Drive, aka Second Drive, and can be accessed. I started to speculate, because my friend did it once when I was over at his house. He used the Parallel System thing, and got his file back with a clean Windows.

So now, Im wondering what can I do. I want to confirm if I use the Parallel System/Install to reformat is there a chance to recover my valuable files. If so can anyone redirect me to a tutorial or instructions/stipulations, whatever lol. I just need some assistance. I cant really get into safemode, or windows itself to back up anything or even system restore. Can anyone help me out here, Thank You!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think a blue screen of death during the windows loading screen usually means bad RAM. Do you have multiple RAM's? If so, try taking them all out and boot with one stick of RAM at a time to figure out the bad one. At least, that was the case with my PC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.