Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking everywere for something like this and nothing is what im looking for.

I need a free unlimited use program for windows vista that will allow me to lock several different folders, and that all the files inside will be unfindable by anyone on that account on my PC. Like it wont appear in searches or anything like that. I just want the simpliest program that does this ie. I double click on the folder that I want to access and I get a password prompt.

Please help I have tried the following and the didnt pan out

Folder Lock: Seemed to be ok but was only a trial
My lock box: you could only have one locked folder, and it would like move them all over the PC when they were unlocked
WinRAR: Had this allready but I tried to use it as a locking device, but I dont want folders being subtracted and added I just want a password promt b 4 opening a folder, winRAR would make new folders and archives each time etc.

Thanks in advanced for any help

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tried to search for something like this before but I only found shareware. I think that there are no free alternatives to what you are looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True crypt is way to complicated and I dont want to mount virtual drives, and have them dismount when I click dismount, and all that junk. I just want a password prompt when I try to open a certain folder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.