Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this packard belle computer with xp. I fixed the original problem but now I have another problem the dvd drive does not work I have been inside the computer and checked the connections all seem ok. I have checked in devices manager and there may be a problem here the NEC rw dvd drive has an exclamation mark inside a yellow circle. I have uninstalled the driver and then booted up again I am getting the found new hardware message it has found the dvd drive but then I get another message saying a problem has occured during installation the device may not work properly, How can I find out what this problem is???

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Go to device manager and remove it. Then reboot, see if it clears
it up.
You could also try reinstalling/installing mobo drivers, the cd that
came with the pc,,chipset drivers.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Go to packard bells website look for support, find your model
number, and download and install chipset drivers.
Try swapping out the drive with another.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found the hard drive number it is ST3160021A . Thanks for trying to help Manic I have been to the packard bell home page to try and find the driver _NEC DVD_RW ND-3530A but I could not find it. Can you tell me how downloading and installing a chipset driver will solve the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found that this is not so much a driver problem but a registry problem I was reading this article at microsoft.com/ and it adviced deleting two things in the registry to fix this problem unfortunately I cannot find it again, but I did as it said and the drive was fixed no exclamation mark and the driver fully loaded. The drive now works. I have one further problem but I have posted in another forum I will post back here if I need furthetr help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.