Tech Support banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the problems I am having is when I run SFC /scannow I get the following:

"Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Also I get the message when starting up that the organization controls some of the settings. This is fairly new, and because of this or perhaps more I cannot download updates to windows 10.

Also when I click on the magnifying glass, when start typing I only get one or two letters before it freezes and then disappears

I tried the SFCFIX and it quit quickly saying it could not continue.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running a windows 10 Pro system with 64GIG of memory and a 9900K processor. I have two ssd drives and one regular hard drive in the system.

I have tried working it out myself, but to no avail.

Thanks

Rick

·
Premium Member
42,035 Posts
First unplug any other SSD/HDD's other then the one with C: on it to eliminate if one of those drives is causing the problems
Start a Command Prompt as Admin. In the Elevated Command Prompt type or copy and paste
DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth and press Enter. When that is done type
SFC /scannow and press Enter. If this completes without finding any integrity violations then it completed. If not, do the steps again.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,340 Posts
That's what I'd try. To do this you need to "upgrade" Windows -- I know, sounds weird --, using the same edition of Windows that's already installed. This "upgrade" requires Windows 10 installation media, which you can obtain using Microsoft's free Media Creation Tool.

Download the correct Windows 10 ISO and then double-click it to mount it as a virtual drive. (Or if you prefer, you can create a bootable USB flash drive, open that removable drive in File Explorer and double-click "Setup" to begin the process).

When it asks if you want to download updates, recommend selecting "Yes" to avoid potential problems.

When prompted what you want to keep --[Important]-- choose "Keep personal files and apps".

Now simply follow the prompts to finish setup.

After a couple restarts, you'll have a refreshed installation of Windows 10, with your programs, apps, and settings all intact.

--

Support.Microsoft.com > Recovery options in Windows 10

1 - 4 of 4 Posts