Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use a little advice. This isn't just bout Windows, but why my Norton Systemworks Pro 2002 has been supposedly initializing' since 842am, almost 9 hours now.

i had Win98, and NSW 2001 before, then without knowing what i was doing, i put in Win ME. That screwed things up worse than they had been.

I finally got XP in there thinking that would be better (hey, ive only been into computers for three years...no formal training or any help). My Norton wouldnt work. Ive found out why since.

But now i finally am trying to put in 2002, and its been loading all this time. I understand that Norton does something with 'partitions', and that may make things very slow. But why 9 hours, and still counting??

Is it possible it is frozen? When nothing else is running, and i am offline, the only thing besides the CNTL+ALT+DELETE thingy that shows its running is something i can find nothing on called system idle process. Does this mean its hung?

PLEASE someoe help with this. My weekend is really getting trashed by this problem.

I just hope my comp isnt too.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hello and welcome to the board,

:no: It sounds like the thing is frozen, I would reset the system and then re-due the installation it should not take more than 30 minutes to install NSW2002.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.