Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there to whoever reads this.

my laptop (compaq armada m700) was working fine and fast when i bought it. i have a desktop running windows xp home, and i wanted to be able to use 1 printer for 2 computers, looking into a 3rd computer on 1 printer.

my laptop already has an ethernet rj-45 or whatever it's called, but it didn't work (i bought it through my friend who sells used laptops from retrobox.com), so i went to office depot and bought a "D-link ethernet adapter for pcmcia slots". i have an old 8 port 100mbps 3com hub (i didn't use it anymore because i had to get a hub with more ports). so i took that home with me. here's what i did:

installed the pcmcia card, shutdown laptop and all the stuff it said to do.
Plugged in my cable modem to the last slot of the hub.
Plugged in my laptop running win98 se through the pcmcia card to the hub on port 2
Plugged my desktop running xp to port 1.

it seemed to work for the first few times i had to restart (to install software and stuff), but now its kind of slow. I went into msconfig and disabled pretty much all of the software checked off (i left the important looking ones on there like rundll32.exe, etc. i have on my laptop:

128 mb ram, 18.6 gb harddrive, pent 3 750 mhz, win98 se, (if this matters) dvd-rom.

dell is running:

256 mb ram, p4 1.8 ghz, 40 gb hd, dvd-rom,cd-rw (if it matters) xp home edition
any help is glaaaaadly appreciated. thank you very much. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.