Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just solved a problem that has been bugging me all day and I thought I would share this info with you incasethere are others - like myself - who are not experts - YET !!

I am running Norton Anti Virus and when I turned on my pc today I had 1 problem affecting my status - looking at the details it told me that my virus protection was not up to date - so I tried clicking on fix it - it ran the live update - which then told me I was in fact all up to date ??? I spent the rest of the day turning the computer on and off - running scans - and running the live update again and again - but to no avail ???

I ended up logging on to Nortons support website - I contacted an online technician - who told me to check the time and date - yep that was the problem I had adjusted the time yesterday and clicked on he month without knowing and changed the month to February instead of January - so Norton thought I hadnt updated for a month but live update knew I had only updated yesterday and had nothing else to give me.

Makes sense now - didnt stop it from driving me nuts all day though !! Sorry to all those who knew this and find it trivial and hurrah to those who I have solved a niggle for !!

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,374 Posts
Makes sense now - didnt stop it from driving me nuts all day though !! Sorry to all those who knew this and find it trivial and hurrah to those who I have solved a niggle for !!

It's not trivial if you don't know what's happening. Most problems are quite simply fixed and help like this is very useful. Thanks for your post. I'm sure there are others who have been baffled by the same problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definitely most useful!

I had a friend who inadvertantly changed his system clock, and holy mother did it take a long time to work out what was causing this! I nearly kicked him to death when I finally worked out what the problem was :grin:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good idea, since the thread title is nice and general I'll add something in here

Friend once had trouble installing Norton Antivirus 2007

He run the install and a popup appeared it had found a program it wasn't compatible with....ZoneAlarm (Free)
After a saga of navigating the tech support area and finding a number he managed to talk to someone and confirm his suspicions and found out that even though he has the free version of Zone Alarm it's actually the full version with the antivirus (only it's disabled). Nortons however is unable to detect the difference between the free and full version, hence the popup

Anyway if you have the same situation and get the popup you can ignore the warning and continue the installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.