Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple weeks ago the computer had problems so i decided to format it, it had 2 partitions on the hard drive.

anyways, while i was installing a fresh copy of windows XP, it would freeze when 37 minutes left. It froze at the same time couple times, then it passed that and i had the windows xp installed, then when i restarted computer, it would some some stuff at first( the first black screen, sorry i'm not a computer genius so i don't know the terms) then it would just go black and wouldn't start. After couple times, it started then it wouldn't start again. Then when i tried formatting install would freeze so i got another copy of XP, a new cd,it froze couple times, and then it installed the new xp. So i thought maybe partition D had problems so i transferred all the back up files from there to C: then formatted D, and what a mistake it was. Because now when i start the computer after that black screen comes up, it say a disc read error occured please press C/A/D to restart. I haven't put any new hardware or anything since the day i bought the computer (about 2 years ago) so i don't know why it's doin this. Also i have pictures and stuff that i can't lose on C: so now i don't know what to do, i can't format because those files on C are precious lol...

Does anyone know what's goin on? I need help!! Thanks in advance...

P

·
0 Posts
Sounds like the volume is dirty. Have you ever seen this message anywhere during a diskcheck ? I would recommend to go to the recovery console ( insert your windows cd and start set up then chose R to repair via recovery console. ) And chose the OS you want to work on. Then enter the password or if there is non hit enter and type chkdsk /p - exit then do the same things and chkdsk /r to recover errors and badsectors on your HD. OR get all the data out and go to manufacurers website to download the low level format utility and perform a LLF on the HD. This would repair all the errors and bad sectors on the HD period unless there isa physical damage on the HD. Also read this thread for some more info on LLF.

Let us know how you do.

regards

·
Registered
559 Posts
It is most likely as Purplesky said, but i have something to add. You may want to take back the windows disk if you have a waranty or something of the matter on it.. (the last time i looked it was $390 for a disk)
-blitze

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PurpleSky said:
Sounds like the volume is dirty. Have you ever seen this message anywhere during a diskcheck ? I would recommend to go to the recovery console ( insert your windows cd and start set up then chose R to repair via recovery console. ) And chose the OS you want to work on. Then enter the password or if there is non hit enter and type chkdsk /p - exit then do the same things and chkdsk /r to recover errors and badsectors on your HD. OR get all the data out and go to manufacurers website to download the low level format utility and perform a LLF on the HD. This would repair all the errors and bad sectors on the HD period unless there isa physical damage on the HD. Also read this thread for some more info on LLF.

Let us know how you do.

regards
thnx for the info purple sky, but now after it says windows in inspecting your hardware, the screen goes black, and nothing happens, but there is a clicking noise keeps coming from it. also u talked about the LLF but how can i download it when i can't even start the computer, and also how can i get all the data i need out of it, the computer won't start...

(also purple sky, i was looking at your signature and i saw turkish stuff on it, if your turkish... yardimlarin icin tesekkur ederim...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just and update guys, i just tried started the computer and first

novell netware ready firmware...
allrights reserved...
via pci 10/100mB fast ethernet adapter...

analyzing network Media type,

rpl,rom,adr... and such

rpl-rom-ffc: 70+ and that 70 went up till like 170

then a new screen came up with the following:

serching for boot record from SCSI...not found

Boot Failure
Insert BOOT diskette in A:
Press any key when ready

by the way, i don't have the boot disc... just so you know

·
Registered
559 Posts
i will read ur problem again.. and see if i can think of anything ill get back to you later though, to busy right now :(
-blitze

·
Registered
559 Posts
This depends on the motherboard you have.. but as u boot up press DEL (repeatedly) and enter your BIOS.

Welcome to the BIOS, in here you will be looking for anything to do with bootup devices (a lot of times listed under advanced BIOS). With that in mind try to find something that says:
1. auto check boot disk?
2. search for boot disk auto?
3. Scan for boot disk?
4. Auto scan floppy drive?

Thins like the above listed... anyhow once u do that disable it and boot up and give us the reading on your error. I am guessing that is why its searching ur floppy drive
-blitze

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.