Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start my computer it goes through the normal process it usually does, however, when it gets to loading the desktop and the taskbar, a blue screen come up with an error message: File Name: VMM(12) + 0000494C Error: 0E0028: C028394C it asks whether i should restart my computer by ctrl+alt+delete or to press any key to continue neither works except restarting the computer after which the same thing happens with the same error (disabling me to use my computer). Please Help, Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Kammash,

Well one of our dear moderators will probably be able to tell you how to fix the error. You can also go to the microsoft web page and type out the error number to find out the cause of it.

I do suggest that after you've fixed the problem that you get yourself a little program called "Go Back 3.0". This program will allow you to go back to a time when your computer was running okay. If you want more info on it, www.cnet.com and type out the program in the search window to review it.

In the meantime,

If you can get to your DOS prompt type out the command, scanregistry, this will bring out different registry dates . Try to figure out what you did just before the error occurred and the date,then pick a date for your computer to go back to before the problem occurred.
Let's see what one of the moderators have to say. Guys?

Inbliss :brush:

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Hi kamashah. Welcome :wave:

Give this a try. Boot into safe mode.
click start, click run, type "msconfig"

Then disable all startup programs. Reboot to normal windows and see if the error returns. If not, run msconfig and enable 1 startup program and reboot until you find the one causing the error. (enable scanreg first, just a hunch)

good luck!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Your getting the same problem even in safe mode. Did you install any hardware of software just before the problem started?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
While I'm not familiar with that exact error code, the general sound of it makes it sound like your Registry is FUBAR.

Normally a VMM error that persists in safe mode is an indication of a fundamental problem within the registry ... try running a virus scan if you have McAfee or Nortan on CD and you place the disk in the drive and reset you can run scans independent of the Windows OS.

S

·
0 Posts
With the error message you posted above a search on Microsofts Knowledge base comes up with this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.