Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!

i have an old pc that i just re-installed win98 on, which is'nt connected to the net. i waas just wondering if there is any way to download all the updates for win98 on my xp machine then stick them on a cd and insert it into the old computer and update that way.

any help would be great!

thanks!

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
Microsoft never actually released a service pack for 98, but there is an unofficial one available (Note: This is only for English Win 98 Second Edition). You can get it here (it's about 16 meg) which you can then put onto a CD and run on the standalone machine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ReeKorl said:
Microsoft never actually released a service pack for 98, but there is an unofficial one available (Note: This is only for English Win 98 Second Edition). You can get it here (it's about 16 meg) which you can then put onto a CD and run on the standalone machine.

thanks for the quick reply,

thing is...im not sure that the version i have of 98 is the SE. so will this update still work?

thanks again!

·
1,438 Posts
http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html

UNOFFICIAL Windows98 Second Edition Service Pack 2.0.2 (Freeware)

Microsoft has never released a service pack for Windows98 SE. But I made a Service Pack for Windows98 SE users. It contains all Windows98 SE updates from Windows Update site and more.

It is a self-extracting and self-installing pack like Microsoft's update files. Thus, you cannot choice individual files. However, the pack installs only required fixes for your system. Uninstallation is possible from Add-Remove Programs. However, I don't recommend uninstallation of the pack, if you don't face any problem.

This is *only* for WINDOWS 98 SECOND EDITION ENGLISH
It is also available at majorgeeks.com

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/win98sp1.html

Windows 98 Service Pack 1

Applies to:
Windows 98
Do not apply this to Windows 98 SE
Note: the IE4 and Outlook components can be installed on Win 95 or NT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.