Tech Support banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from VoTech program which did head gasket, timing belt, water pump. Drove home 10 miles and started a handful of times. Runs rough, doesn't want to idle well till warmed up. Tried to drive over past weekend and the front end locked up (chirped tires at 10mph). Ended up being 8 codes when I put the OBD scanner on. First test codes were P0130, 0136, 0500, 1100, 1101, 1120, 1121, 1540. Cleared the codes which apparently unlocked the front wheels, drove back home. Same day (yesterday) pulled codes again, now 9, not all the same ones. 2nd test codes were P0130, 0136, 0141, 0325, 0500, 1101, 1121, 1507, 1540. Since codes are inconsistent I decided to reset the "computer", so left the battery unhooked today. Will check on status when I get home. Just wanted to run it by some "experts" to see what others thought!

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,962 Posts
If kids worked on car and instructor didn't do final check, that's the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it is the instructor that is the problem. Had the vehicle 2 years, said he had been driving it checking for fluid leaks. When I picked it up, was spider webs under the hood, it had not been driven in months! Your post is actually of no help at all as you simply chime in with a random opinion! Your response does NO good to me at all. I would suggest if you have nothing more to offer than an unrelated opinion, GO ELSEWHERE!

·
28,962 Posts
Multiple problems, but let's start with a simple one. If car sat as you said, all fluids should have been drained and refilled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, just a random statement! If this is a question, it makes sense that engine oil would have been changed. Unknown about whether any other fluids were addressed or not. Only other one I have checked is the transmission fluid which was significantly low.

·
28,962 Posts
Even gas tank should have been emptied. Some of problems caused by clogged fuel injection system. Suggest Reading

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was gas in the tank yet. I had to replace the gas filler neck when I got it back as votech knew it to be bad. To me it felt like a fuel issue, I thought of clogged injectors until I pulled all those codes

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,951 Posts
sitting two years causes a host of potential problems, ESPECIALLY if there were cobwebs under the hood but in the first post you did not specify anything except you just got it back from the VoTeck
I have worked on cars since I was 5, and I'l ltell you now if the gas wasn't changed and the entire fuel system flushed, injectors replaces, engine oil replaced with a complete engine flush, your gonna have issues, as for the front end locking up until you cleared the codes, I suggest starting by reviewing the Vacuum routing on the label either in the owners manual( if they still put it there) or under the hood( if they still put it there)
if your talking about the Voteck in Va Beach have it brought to my house, and I can reroute basically every line they got wrong and plug all the sensors back in if you bring engine flush and new fuel injectors I can flush the varnish out of the tank

Corday is correct, his statement is NOT a random statement

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply! I guess my lack of knowledge and frustration was showing! I apologize. To update since then I believe the vacuum system is not hooked up correctly. Am attempting to figure that out at the current time. I did have a diagram under hood (attached). Am going to hook up everything this weekend where I believe it should go, then photograph all components, and post for comment as to correctness. Thanks for your offer, however I am in central KS, so Va Beach is not an option.

Attachments

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,951 Posts
What is teh year , make and model anyway? from the look of that vac diagram it looks lie the old 250 I had in a 76 Chevy pickup with half the lines missing LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts