Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i seriously need help,

i use ati radlinker to overclock my video card for games. By mistake i accidentaly increased my memory by like 50 and press set. The whole screen went crazy and there were millions of colours and everything was going crazy. I restarted and suddenly everything started to lagg even my normal desktop. It even lagged when i right clicked. I seriously need your help, plz. I tried to play f.e.a.r and it said "Unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode" Everything is lagging right now and i really need some help. I tried reinstalling drviers and reinstalling radlinker. no help. Plz Help!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Does the overclock go away if you just uninstall RadLinker? If you only had it overclocked for a short while I wouldn't think you did any permanent damage. You could also try uninstalling RadLinker and then install ATITool instead. That will probably override any changes made by RadLinker. I used to run RadLinker and then changed to ATITool and like it better anyway.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi tech_geek,

if you didnt try this yet, try reseting the videocard's core and memory clock to default, reboot and see if the lagging goes away.

another thing you can do is to uninstall the videocard through the device manager, reboot the computer, and when windows loads up, let it detect the videocard again and install the videocard drivers again and see if the lagging goes away. good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I tried uninstalling and installing again but unfortunately it didn't work and i dont know what else to do. I might just format my computer and reinstal my comp. If anyone has any other responeses, plz help.

Thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.