Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off ,thanks for any ideas that anyone has for me in advance. I am having a problem with getting my 1996 2.2l 4cyl. Chevy S-10 TRUCK TO START. Dont know much about cars, but here we go.
I ran out of gas at gas station well so it seemed. I know I needed gas , when I got to the pump the truck had cut off. So i put gas in it. It didnt start back up. It has gas now. I listened for the pump to come on ,it did. checked fuel from motor to filter and plenty of gas is coming out.Sprayed gas in carb. still no crank .Dont know what else to check. Pls Help....?

·
Moderator Automotive Center
2,755 Posts
Hi S-10driver

The problem you are describing is there may be no spark going to the spark plugs. To test it, you will need to disconnect a spark plug wire from the plug ( doesn't matter which one) and then insert a philips screw driver ( a cross type). Then you take the screw driver with wire on it and bring it close to any metal part of the engine (ground). Have an assistant crank the engine for several seconds while you look at the gap between the metal part of the screwdriver and ground. There should be a bright blue spark coming from the screwdiver, if not then the ignition system has to be tested.

Note: On your type of truck if it is a Blazer 6 Cyl 4.3L engine, there is a sensor called the cam sensor which is located inside the distributor. These sensors give out quite often and the only way to fix it is to replace the distributor. Unfortunately the distributors of this type are very pricey if it happens to be that the cam sensor is the part that needs replacing.

post back your findings.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,938 Posts
Thank God for trucks built in the 80"s

Actually I have replaced the cam sensor in a 4.3 before, they are a royal pain in the ### to find, I think the 2.4 has one too, Chevy has a reputation of using the same parts for 50 years years or so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.