Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, while driving to work, I realized that I was unable to roll my driver side window back up. I checked all the other windows and none of them would move up or down. I am guessing that this is a fuse issue and I need to replace the 30 amp fuse that is dedicated to the power window electrical supply.
I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on this problem. There have been no issues with my power windows until today and I hope that the fuse is the only issue.

JP

·
Registered
601 Posts
Good Evening mphsjeepowner, in that you have lost operation of all windows your logic is sound, but if the fuse is blown it is likely caused by a problem somewhere in that system, so you will need to watch which window may be the problem.

In some machines a body control module may be used to power those accessory systems and could also cause that kind of problem.

I am not familiar with that vehicle, but if you can obtain a Haynes manual for that machine from your auto supermarket you should be able to easily determine how that system works. Schematics are usually in the rear of those books.

It is not uncommon for those window motors with age to develop problems and have odd short circuits or draw excessive power.

Cheers, qldit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.