Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, I've always been bothered by the thoughts of onboard sound. It just doesn't seem right. Anyway, I used my old trusty Soundblaster Live Value for my new box, but it seems I keep reading about Creative's "non-standard" ways, and to stay away from their cards in some instances. I'm having no problems that I'm aware of using my old card, but if anyone has any advice on using the onboard sound vs. the card, I'd like to hear. I know, I know, why not just give the onboard a try and find out. Well, I'd like some opinion, before I clean out the drivers and remove the card. I'm lazy, I'll save work whenever possible. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've always shyed away from anything integrated. I do strongly dislike Creative soundcards, and have been using an excellent Philips PSC706 Acoustic Edge (better than an Audigy) sound card. However, when I built my new system, integrated sound came with the motherboard I chose. In order to install as very little as I could on the board while I set it up, I used the integrated sound. I like it well enough that I haven't put in my old PCI sound card yet. Integrated sound really depends on which chip it is, and this SoundMax integrated is quite good! I even get a bit more bass thump out of it than the Philips.

I'll be grabbing the new Philips PSC805 Aurilium USB sound as soon as I find a place to buy it, but until then I'm happy with this integrated sound. Give it a try and check out the supporting software for your integrated sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.