Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware of possibly having a flakey battery on this MoBo.

For the 2+ months I've been running this board, I had had only 2 very minor glitches... bios needed updating to run the Gigaraid in ATA mode... the clock did not display the correct time on one boot about 2 weeks ago. I chaulked up the clock thing to being just a fluke. Well, today, I pulled the power, opened up the case and installed a new quieter exhaust fan in the top of it. I hooked up all the devices and plugged her back in. Mashed the power button, and... nothing, nothing. Checked the cable, and reset the surge protector, and... still no power whatsoever. I changed the cable and the outlet used, and still nothing. I then remembered the clock thing and slid the case side off, popped the battery of the MoBo, grabbed the battery off another board I have, and placed it in the Giga'. Hit the power button, and wham... power !!
The whole system seems to be even more stable and smooth now. I shut it down, pulled the plug again, let it sit for a half hour or so, plugged it back up and hit the power, perfect !!
The battery that came with my board is a KTS brand and not the good ol' Maxell or Panasonic I'm used to.

Anyone else?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.