Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen the 8800GT going down to $249.99...has anyone seen where to buy one? After that, I was wondering how do you tell if your PC takes PCI or a PCI-E card? I doubt it makes a differance, but I'll say right now that I have an 8500GT (maybe they only come in one or the other?)

Also what kind of PSU should I buy? Brand? I'm lookin at 700-850 watts for good price and quality. Thanks guys.:pray:

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the matter of PSU's...is there anything that wont work with other things? Hence it fitting in the case where the old one was? Or anything I need to do with puting it in even?

Kina got off the topic of where to find the 8800GT for $249 at a reliable store.

· Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I would need to know what case you have or atleast the dimensions of your current PSU. If you could post the make and model # of the current PSU I may be able to find the dimensions that way. If not you'll need to measure L,W,H and post it hear.

Installing the PSU is very simple, just mark the wires as you unplug them from the MB so you know where they went (if you need to).

I have not seen a $249 8800GT yet, but check Newegg.com, Frys.com, Zipzoomfly.com, Compusa.com, Tigerdirect.com, Clubit.com, Microcenter.com.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allright thanks.

I should be able to get it posted up sometime tonight. If it makes any difference, the number for this compy itself is GM5478. It's just a Gateway rig with a Quad Q6600, 2 gigs of ram, and the 8500GT.

Doubt you could get the PSU from that but yea lol I don't know much about it. I know it's a 450 watt, but I'll get the make and model 2night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.