Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i buy the 8800GTS and in future i upgrade by buying 8800GTX
will it work using sli? two different gpu as one?

also, will i be able to connect a second independant monitor using this set-up?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My limited understanding in this tells me that they have to be the same, I vaguely recall some people even having issues with cards using different bios revisions, so I suggest hang on until someone with more knowledge in this can say more about it, my guess to dual monitors is yes, but again wait for someone who knows more than I do on this.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
In order for SLi mode to work you'll need two cards of the same series, but not necessarily the same manufacturer.

An example is using an 8800GTX from ASUS and an 8800GTX from PNY. That combination will work.

If you tried an 8800GTX from ASUS and an 8800GTS from BFG it would not, since the two cards are not of the same type.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In order for SLi mode to work you'll need two cards of the same series, but not necessarily the same manufacturer.

An example is using an 8800GTX from ASUS and an 8800GTX from PNY. That combination will work.

If you tried an 8800GTX from ASUS and an 8800GTS from BFG it would not, since the two cards are not of the same type.
ok, thanks

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Factory overclocked cards are carefully overclocked and are guaranteed to work. They still come with a warranty.

·
Registered
399 Posts
question is: is 120 worth the overclock. in my opinion, no. the 8800 is fast as it is, a 10% overclock is not worth a 15% hike in price, especially with a card as fast as an 8800.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
question is: is 120 worth the overclock. in my opinion, no. the 8800 is fast as it is, a 10% overclock is not worth a 15% hike in price, especially with a card as fast as an 8800.
your right. im just going to get the normal clocked 8800. save the 120 for other things.

·
Registered
324 Posts
quick thing, if ur already buying a Nvidia 8800 GTS, then dont buy a GTX, its a waste!!!

either buy two gts or gtx, thats all i can say

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quick thing, if ur already buying a Nvidia 8800 GTS, then dont buy a GTX, its a waste!!!

either buy two gts or gtx, thats all i can say
im going to get 1 gtx and get a 2nd probs next yr when prices drop b/c of newer dx10 cards,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.