Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 jeep comanche with a 4 cylinder 2.5, T.B.I. engine.The engine starts and runs fine at idle,while the engine is cold and at speeds between 25 and up to 55mph it continues to run well, but after the engine is up to temp and i hold the throttle at approxmately 1500 rpms the eng stalls as if it is starving for fuel,when i depress the throttle to increase rpm's it picks up and settles out to normal operations,also while engine is stalling if i let off the throttle the engine settles down to idle and runs well, it's around 1500 rpm's that i seem to have the problem.when the truck is parked and warmed up i hold the throttle at 1500 rpm's the engine surges to 2000 rpm's and drops back down to 1500 rpm's and rises to 2000 rpm's.

Some of the things I've tried are new fuel filter,new fuel injector,new air filter,and i tested the fuel supply pressure it tested out to be 15 p.s.i. which is normal.i have also checked for vacume leaks and have not found any,the E.G.R. valve has less than 5000 miles on it

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i am suspecting the throttle position sensor.

to test it, you put an ohm meter on the connector, (you will need to uplug the wires from it) and then slowly move the throttle and watch the ohm meter.

if the meter jumps around alot, then this sensor is bad.

the actual value of resistance is not relevant, what matters is that it's a smooth sweep, without any dead spots as you go from no throttle to full throttle.

if it's not this, you might check the vaccum lines for leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.