Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im thinkin of buildin a com... again, but anyway, the gpx i was gunna use was a Nvidea 6600GT, but my m8s had 2 and fried them and hes had a ATI radeon 9600 tats been fried aswell... ppl and him say its the psu, but is this the psu or dumb bad luck hes had or is there a design fault? and will it still be worth getting one?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I'd have to agree, it's probably not the cards- a bad power supply can cause all sorts of problems.

I would highly doubt that these cards have a design flaw that causes them to fry...definitely more likely that it was something wrong with his computer, whatever it was.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea? kk, then ill still get one, itll be under warrenty ne way... kk thanks, i didnt no wat to think, we originally thought the mobo had 'chef' capabilities lol (frying the mobo) ill get one when i go about gettin the componants for my pc... cheers i drink to u

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
No problem. Just make sure the interface (AGP/PCI/PCI-express) is compatible with your motherboard. Some people want to kick themselves after buying a PCI-express card when their motherboards only support AGP 8x/4x.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i no about compatability, like a AMD Athlon 64+ SKT 754 can only go into a SKT 754 mobo. This mobo got is a AGP 8x i think... ne way thanks

im gettin my parts off www.ebuyer.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.