2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY Specs are
Q6600 D0 Stepping
IN9 32X-MAX Wi-Fi (Nvidia 680i)
2 GB 1066 5-5-5-5-12 Ram
Sapphire Ati 4850 512mb with stock cooler
Currenly nothing is overclocked

Got back from a weekend from my parents house to find my computer refused to display on my moniter. Just a black screen however the fan is going at what sounds like full speed. I have checked the power cables are sercure. I have reseated the card and tried it in different slots on my mb. I have tried two different moniters in both DVI slots on my card. I left it for an hour and found the Card was stone cold. Ihave tried booting with a single card of ram and no harddisks or optical drives plugged in. None of these work.

The strange thing is it also cycles though C1 (finding memory) serveral times before Expanding (C3) However it does not do this if I do not plug in the 6pin (goe straight to C1 to C3). I have also tried different slots with different ram moduals but sometime it does not POST
If I don't plug the 6 pin in I can get to display the red text message telling me the cable is unplugged and the card gets very warm.

Unfortunatly none of my friends are currently around so I can not test my card in another machine. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Basically the best thing is to swap 2 vga cards...seeing this isn't an option,i had a similar problem once,my Dvi>Vga converter dyed,do u use a dvi/hdmi/vga > something ,converter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.