Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a asus A7V333 with VIA KT333 chipset I have 4 USB ports but only one is working how do you fix this?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

do all of the plugs look the same?

are they all mounted on the motherboard?

if they are, then it is most likely a bad motherboard.

you could always get a USB hub and add more ports that way.

if two of them are mounted on the board, and two are on a remote mount, with a cable connecting them, then make sure all the cables are on correctly and tightly.

if this doesnt solve your problem, report back to us.

~BoB~

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: well

bob vila said:
do all of the plugs look the same?

are they all mounted on the motherboard?

if they are, then it is most likely a bad motherboard.

you could always get a USB hub and add more ports that way.

if two of them are mounted on the board, and two are on a remote mount, with a cable connecting them, then make sure all the cables are on correctly and tightly.

if this doesnt solve your problem, report back to us.

~BoB~
They do look the same & they are mounted on the motherboard
I will just get a USB hub. Is there a way to check how many is working in the BIOS maybe it is just set for one to work. And if you can set it up in the BIOS how can up do this?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
If one is working, chances are that the drivers are OK. If you look in Device Manager and there is no yellow ! on anything in the USB area, look elsewhere.

Did you have any issues with USB devices plugged into the other ports at one time? There are tiny surface mount fuses on the motherboard for most USB ports, they could have been blown by an incorrect connection.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnwill said:
If one is working, chances are that the drivers are OK. If you look in Device Manager and there is no yellow ! on anything in the USB area, look elsewhere.

Did you have any issues with USB devices plugged into the other ports at one time? There are tiny surface mount fuses on the motherboard for most USB ports, they could have been blown by an incorrect connection.
I just checked the device manager and there is no yellow! so where elsewhere should I look? I found out about this problem yesterday I plug my new printer in the USB nothing happened. The printer disc said it can't fine the printer. So I unplugged my cable modem from my USB plugged in my printer then it work. Plugged my cable modem in another USB and now my cable modem is not working...... I really need my USB'S to work GRRRRR:angry2:

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got it to work I updated the USB 2.0 host contoller, sorry about that.........I can't believe I over looked that, HHHHHH i'm all ways over looking stuff:no:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.