Tech Support banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community!

I need some serious help. I have been dealing with this for over a month. I currently have an all-in-one computer with a 2nd monitor which works just fine. I hooked up a third monitor using HDMI to usb converter and it only works when logged in as an admin rather than another user.

The monitor works exactly how I want it to but ONLY when logged in as admin. I need to change a setting or copy all display settings or somthing else.

Please help, I am about to light my office on fire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I didn't know that was a thing. I posted this question on 2 other forums. Should I link them all together?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, this is the only reply that I have received from the other posts.

"I'd be looking at the issue more from a software angle.
sounds like there is something installed at the user level, rather than the PC level, that the admin user has and the other user doesn't."

I have not found a solution yet.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,760 Posts
Intel says 3 aren't supported using USB, however you say 3 work as Admin. They do say 3 are supported. What happens if you mess around with the resolution(s)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried setting the same resolution for each monitor and that did not work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I saw this article a few weeks ago. I have gone through every troubleshooting recommendation out there to no avail.

·
26,760 Posts
What happens with the second one uninstalled?

·
26,760 Posts
I meant does the 3rd one work for both with the second disabled.
Also, give WMI control in Users profile.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not know what the WMI control is.

The 3rd monitor that is hooked up via HDMI to USB still does not work when the 2nd monitor is disconnected.

·
26,760 Posts
Post #8 confirms USB situation. Can you connect with a different method (old computer has old outlets which would work)? I'm assuming you're in a business environment and not using Windows 10 Home. If not true, please confirm. Is there a way to see if the monitor works for a standard User on another unit not on this system? Finally, go into device Manager>Monitors>Update Driver(s).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The back of the computer only has 1 digital port and a 6 USB ports. Monitor 2 has VGA, Digital port and DVI (works with for both users) is plugged in via Digital port. The 3rd monitor is brand new and has 2 HDMI ports and one VGA. I have used 3 different converters trying to get them to plug into the USB ports on the computer. The 3rd monitor does not work with any of the configurations so far. It DOES work just fine when plugged into a different computer all together.

How do I check if this is the Home version?

The drivers have been updated and the device manager says each is "working properly"

BTW, thank you for your help.

·
26,760 Posts
Start>Windows Administrative Tools>System Information. While you're there, besides what version of Windows, what graphics, both integrated and installed, found under Components>Display.

·
26,760 Posts
Does the OS Version ageree on all machines? Also, your Legacy Bios isn't necessary if your not running outdated programs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts