Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my video card (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express chipset family) is not working i opened the DxDiag an it says that my Direct3D acceleration isnt enabled and i need help on how to enable it this is how the problem occoured my little brother was playing with my laptop after i installed directx 10 for xp but i have windows home basic and after that my little bro was just pressing random things and he somehow clicked on properties on my video card and pressed uninstall driver (advanced) and now i cant play any of my games and i need help but i have updated all my drivers and nothing has worked and will it work if i reformat my laptop???????

thx :( :p

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

How did you install Directx 10 for xp, when you have vista home basic?

Also what windows are we going to be working with? just be clear here, before we proceed any further. Because it can be disasterous for a pc if we put the wrong ones in for the operating system. Looks like you have already made the mistake.

Now onto the question about reinstalling windows?..cant answer this one either until I know which operating system we will be working with and also do you have a legitimate operating system disc that came with the pc or recovery disc?

please answer clearly the questions I have asked here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey and thx for helping i installed directx 10 off a website but it was just a mirror so yea and i have got windows vista home basic (6.0, build 6001) i dont have the disc for the operating system but i do have a back up disk for my laptop :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
One note here: always try to hunt down the site before you just go and start clicking on
icons in webpages, not a good idea unless you know for sure what program it is and where its coming from (the link).

Why dont you try a system restore on the windows?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i cant over seas and i dont have my back up disk with me and will i have microsoft office, excel etc automaticly installed on my laptop after i reinstall windows and all that. thx :)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
A system restore shouldnt require the dvd operating system disc.

How to restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:

Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
Click Finish.

To answer your question of your last post, Do you have the original dvd operating system for the pc or recovery disc for the pc?
I understand that you are overseas also.
So as to what I mean did you get one with the pc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.