Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem I've not seen before, and maybe someone else has. I have a 32GB SDHC card that I purchased off ebay for the purpose of expanding the total storage of my Cowon D2 4GB. This seemed like a good idea at the time. This bears a long explanation, so please bear with me.

The card shows up in Windows XP as a 32GB card. However, when I copy my music files over, it goes through the process although it happened normally. When I check the folders, though, files are missing after so many, basically alphabetically. What I mean here is that I might have my fiiles as normal for folders A (such as Aimee Mann) through I (maybe up to Iron Maiden), but then folders J-Z will be empty. I knew that really didn't make sense, so I thought to check the properties of the card and it showed that it had around 10GB on it, which would be correct if all the files had transferred. However, when I highlighted just the folders that actually had files in them, it came up to exactly 4.0 GB. When I put the card in my Cowon, the files that were missing are still missing. I've done this several times now with the same result.

So, basically, this is what seems to be happening: my 32GB card, even when it shows having more on it, is only actually holding (or at least giving access to) 4GB of files, consistently. It really has me baffled, but maybe someone else has experienced this or knows something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, right now I have this phenomenon going without having pulled the card and reinserted yet. All of the files are showing up, but only those within that 4GB range from A to (in this case) Flight of the Conchords will play. The others, even though they show up and when I right click to check properties it shows them at their actual file size, simply will not play. If I remove the card and put it back in, these files will disappear. I've never seen anything like this!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll definitely try that. If you don't mind my asking, though, why does it need to be NTFS?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried it and it said "convert is not available for RAW drives"

Any ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the time it's because it's a fake card that's been hacked to show up as having more capacity than it actually does. This is particularly the case with generics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.