Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Windows XP. The memory sticks have been changed, the processor has been changed, and the motherboard has been replaced. All this was done by a reputiable computer shop. However, every time I boot my comp, I have to go three situations before it fully boots.

1. Can not install Raid Controller. I only have one hard drive with two partitions. One partition is used only for the Windows Installation files.

2. The next thing that pops up is Can not locate software for Ethernet Controller. The motherboard had a built in Newwork card. I had a U.S. Robotics network card installed. I have no trouble getting on and surfing the net

3. I do not have a password to logon to my computer. However, a box with my name and request for password shows during start-up. I click OK without entering anything and it now boots.

As far as I can tell, none of these are affecting the opration of my computer. It's just an
annoyance. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hey rocky1,

first off, if you have your motherboard manual, check to see if you have a jumper to disable raid. for example, my motherboard has both SATA and ide controllers so i hook a ide hdd or a sata hdd.

on my motherboard there is a jumper to enable or disable sata and i have disabled it because im not using sata at the moment.

second, you can try downloading an updated nic card drivers and reinstall the drivers. first off though uninstall the current drivers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Situation taken care of. I went into the Bios, and sure enough, Raid was selected instead of IDE. Also took care of the Ethernet Controller.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disabled the onboard network card, installed a US Robitics Card and installed the drivers. In Bios I changed from Raid Controller to IDE Controller. Both of these solved my issue. :sayyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.