Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM un sure how to get the SLI function to work on these cards, everything is hooked up. But frame rate in games and such is still very low for even having 1 card. SLI function is turned on in the BIOS but there is nothing to say that it is working..... Please Help!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
:wave: hi XD .hi im to stuck with this problem i have 2x 8500gt(gigabite).and it wont run sli.but what i have is 1 card with 256mb ram,and other with 512mb ram.mmmm maybey thats the problem.check urs maybey its like that to with this prog. rivatuner its free download.u may have to remove 1st card and replace with other to check it :) chears and may someone help us :smile: .HELP :pray:

·
Registered
6 Posts
and hey mayebey this help!go to properities on desktop/its beside clock nvidia icon/click right mouse button/nview dektop manager/nviev properites/and there shoud be down peside setup wizars some things if there is click on it and u can make able to run 2 cards if there is no that thing u have same problem as me :***(

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
It probably wont show any difference in sli.

The 8500 is a low end card , having two low end cards together wont make much of a difference. Won't be nearly as powerful as just one 8600 or 8800. They are sold with an sli function to get them off the shelves , a marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
na i saw it u can run 2x8500gt and i gets like 8800gts. but i have latest nvidia drives and i cant see that nvidia box.i checked manual and they showed on there how but i cant enable it pecause there no box to click anything :sigh::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey sorry i havnt replied in a while iv been tweaking around with my comp.... reload again and again trying different settings and so forth. But heres the good news i have the 2 cards running in SLI, overclocked and running a widescreen LCD on 1680x 1050, But i did loose a small amoutn a FPS from my old monitor.

Just make sure in your bios that u have dual vid cards enabled and the rest is done, u dont notice much of a differece with these cards until you over clock them, but still its not the biggest boost in performance but for these cards it pretty good.

Download RivaTuner i will help to let u know if you have the 2 cards running in SLI.

Any other Q's let me know..

Grant:grin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i have the same set up, What River tuner does is is combines the cards clock speeds and shaders ect, so when u move the slider u are over clocking both cards. And make sure your 512mb card is your main card or it will down grade itself to cope with the lesser card.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.