Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at my brother's house for the weekend and I tried connecting to his internet today, and came across a typical limited or no connectivity issue with his modem\router combo.

At first I couldn't get the wired or wireless to work, and after some tinkering i was finally able to get the WIRED connection working, but I am still getting the same problem with the wireless

My wireless usually works just fine, at home, at school, etc. But for what ever reason, it won't connect to the wireless here.

I've tried renewing the IP (ipconfig /resetall), using the diagnostic tool to automatically find new IP, checked my IP\DNS\DHCP settings (both options are set to automatic), I've reset my computer about 50 times.

I am totally stumped as to what I should do, and I would like to be able to use my computer considering how I will be here a few days, any help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
This can happen with either a wrong pwd or if mac address filtering is enabled on rtr, confirm pwd and disable mac address filtering. This can also happen if we have any firewall or anti virus programs. Try removing it for testing purpose. Also you can try putting a manual ip in the rtr series on the comp, say x.x.x.100 and default gateway of rtr. Try it out it will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.