Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a 2nd hard drive to my system. My config is Win98SE, Celeron 900, 256MB RAM. WD 10 Gig (primary Master), CD-ROM(Primary Slave), Maxtor 8Gig(Secondary Master), and zip drive(Secondary Slave). The problem is that the bios recognizes everything, but windows sees both the C and D drives as The Maxtor. It doesn't seem to recognize The 10 G drive at all and I cannot access it at all. I ran Norton antivirus but it came up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double checked them today. All drives are set correctly. Why would the bios recoginize the WD Drive, but not Windows?

G

·
Good Day

Try going into device manager and click on the plus sign next to disk drives.

Right click on the generic disk type 47 or whatever you have for the hard drive.

Click settings and see if there is a letter in the current drive letter assignment box, If not assign one if it allows you to.

Also do the same procedure with the CD Rom.

Good Luck..:)

SPEEDO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I finally got Windows to see the drive. I loaded Western Digital's EZ-bios and rebooted. Now Windows detects the drive correctly. Thanks again for your help. Really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.