Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! We recently added and application server to our company for hosting application files or necessary application servers used by multiple users, ie: QuickBooks. The operates on 2K3 SP1, has a couple shared folders and thats about it. It doesn't seem to be operating right, there a couple things i noticed acting differently.

The first thing was that it has not shown up on our WSUS server, so updates is a concern. We have it set in the Group Policy for our servers to have the machine look to WSUS opposed to grabbing it automatically or manually from Microsoft. So i am thinking that the server isn't receiving group policy correctly, but i am not sure how to fix that. The server does show up in AD, and IS on our domain.

Also when logging off, restarting or shutting down the server, you have to do it TWICE. I'm not sure what is causing this problem. If it is something to be concerned about, if its linked to my other issue, or is it just a minor hassle.

I'm concerned that something is not setup up properly on the server, which is causing my problems?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried taking the server off the domain and rejoining and that didnt seem to fix the issue.
Now as far as setting a static IP, i know it is good practice to use static IPs for servers. Currently the IP is given to it automatically. The file accessed from this server is done through its dns name. I was wondering the benefit of using a static IP opposed to just accessing the server through its dns name?

I was able to determine that the QuickBooks server app was the cause for having to go through the Log Off/Shutdown/Restart process twice. Once I closed that app and then tried restarting or logging off it would do so on the first try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.