Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Samsung 245BW widescreen monitor to complement my system.

nVidia currently believes it's native resolution to be 1600 x 1200 when in actuality, it is more like 1920 x 1200, thus it spans across the extra 320 pixels instead of displaying it in a true 1920 x 1200 resolution.

This has come to be quite annoying and I would like to remedy the problem as fast as possible.

I have tried uninstalling and then installing the nVidia drivers multiple times to no avail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did indeed. I am pretty certain the issue is coming from nVidia as it seems to believe the display maxes out at 1600 x 1200. These new HDCP monitors are so annoying.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
right click desktop > properties > settings > advanced > (graphics card name) tab > screen resolutions/refresh rates > add button > wait for agreement button to appear > click agree > width 1920 height 1200 32 bit color 60 hz > click add

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately the basic settings still make it do the annoying panning thing. I don't know what posessed nVidia's forceware that my native 1920x1200 monitor is a 1600x1200... I just have no idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It claims it is in the 1920 x 1200 except it displays in a 1600 x 1200 display with 320 extra pixels to pan across.

The video card supports up to 2560 x 1600, yes. The issue I believe lies in ForceWare and the 245BW requiring it's ridiculous HDCP drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have put in a call to EVGA tech support to no avail. They say to fiddle with custom resolution settings which seems a daunting task due to the rather confusing layout of them. Any one have ANY solutions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
May have found the resolution to this problem... which makes me despise Samsung.

They send single-link DVI cables instead of dual-link DVI cables with all their monitors, thus making their highest possible resolution 1440 x 900 or so... I am rather angry and will be making calls to their management.

Anyone else get caught by this as well?

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
May have found the resolution to this problem... which makes me despise Samsung.

They send single-link DVI cables instead of dual-link DVI cables with all their monitors, thus making their highest possible resolution 1440 x 900 or so... I am rather angry and will be making calls to their management.

Anyone else get caught by this as well?
That woulod do it. Didn't even think about the dual link- my mom's 19"er came with single link as well, but it's only a 1440x900 display. You didnt mention you were using DVI so i didnt think about links.

·
Registered
395 Posts
the only thing I can think of at the moment is going to the lowest resolution your monitor supports, then going up every resolution setting until you get to the one you want. I did that with an old CRT monitor of mine and it worked, however I'm not sure that'll help you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.