Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybdy know if there is a 24 -> 20 pin convertor for power supplies? Short of some rewiring work,im not entirely sure what else I could do to get this sorted!

Rich Allan

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Rich18144
Many of today's PSU's with 24-pin plugs are really 20+4 pin plugs, where the 4-pin part is detachable. Hopefully, yours is one:).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks please!!! I had no idea this was the case, but it was true!! Saviour!! Also, dai, I was looking for 24 -> 20, not 20-> 24 :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guys, I only a few days ago bought a new 350W "True Power" supply to replace my old cheapo 400W that went on the blink (quality not quantity) and this came with a 24 pin connector.

My Asus P4P800-E has a 20 pin on the board and all I did (and it's worked flawlessly since) is leave the last 4 pins hanging off the edge! That's a red, yellow, orange and black wire.

Unfortunately this mobo has a bloody IDE connector right in the way of the last four so i cut them off with a scalpel, making sure to cut the wasted side of the four, not the good side of the 20 lol

Job done, no need for a converter. btw, the guy at my local computer shop didnt believe me that this worked so he tried it on his Athlon system in the shop...guess what, bye bye the need for extra connectors. :cool: :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.