Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dodge Dakota has a speedo that acts wierd at times. The speedo quits working and all the idiot lights come on, the heater control switch stays in the last position I had it set to, my back-up lights won't work and then when the speedo starts working again everything is fine. I have replaced the vehicle spped sensor on the tranny, as well as an ABS sensor on the rear diff. Any ideas as to what might still be wrong???

G

·
it sounds like you have a flaky computer. If you take it out (usually behing glove compartment) and take it to an auto parts store they can probably test it

G

·
Oh you found it? most of my cars (including my truck) had them behind the glove compartment or under the passenger panels, I never had a dakota though.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
to me this sounds like a bad connector on the harness that runs the dashboard.

it's an electronic dashboard, so without proper signal, it actually sorta has a mind of it's own, that's where the "all the idiot lights lit up" comes from.

older dashboards would have just stopped working altogether.

anyhow, this might be really hard to reach, if it's the one on the actual backside of the dashboard itself.

when it happens, try slapping the dashboard a little. (NOT hard enough to deploy your airbag though, seriously.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.