Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I adopted a 2000 server at my place of employment. By adopted i mean my boss said,"This thing is screwing up all the time, You deal with it and make it work better!"

First thing every morning we do the DAT(HP Surestore Dat40) dance, not a dance really, but more of a sit and wait to see if the DAT is going to cooperate with us or not.
If I hold down the eject button for say, 2 minutes sometimes, It will eject. Sometimes it just wont. My prognosis, The tape if drive is pooched, but @ $500+ I cant get my employer to agree with me that it needs replacing. I have researched the issue, and M$ has issued a small patch to help with this problem. It did work for about a month, but now its going to back to its old ways of not ejecting when I command it to. IDeas?

Secondly, I check the system logs every morning, and since I "adopted" the server, it indicates in teh logs that it shuts down every night between 11:04 and 11:06.
"The previous system shutdown at 11:05:24 PM on 11/xx/200x was unexpected." this happens every night.
Most of the time is reboots and everything is dandy in the morning when i get here. Lately though 1 of 2 things is happening. BSOD when i walk in with the whole," If this is the first time you've seen this screen..." I reboot, and right as rain, its good. I suspect a bad PSU. The second thing that will happen is that our AV will be shut off. I have no idea on that one. logs dont indicate anything that would help:4-dontkno

I'm more concerned about my step_child shutting down everynight. There is no schedule to do so, I have checked power management, and nothing is out of place there. So does anyone have any advice on how to remedy this situation? pleease.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.