Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi well here we go ...2000 s10 2.2L my dash doesn't work at all tach, speed, fuel lvl, radio, OBD II link ect unless it's dark enough outside for the light sensor to turn on my light, and it wont turn them on unless i turn them on manualy, can't turn on light at all unless it's dark out and sometimes my starter wont turn over unless i play around with all the light controls

·
Moderator Automotive Center
2,755 Posts
Hi bourquejason

Take a look at your multi-switch connectors on the steering column, make sure the wires are not loose within the molex connector. Test the multi switch with a DVOM on all connectors. If they check out OK you will need to test the ignition switch.

Question: Is the security light on ?

·
2,755 Posts
Test your ignition switch.

·
2,755 Posts
If the switch turns out ok then there should be power going to the instrument cluster and to the ALDL connector. Test all fuses to the DRL the running light's sensor must run through a dimmer switch, you will need to test the switch with your DVOM by blocking the running light sensor so maximum power runs through the switch. Look for any dead spots on the dimmer switch using the resistance scale.

post back your findings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.